From Reuters: Iran cracks down on moral peril of Barbie peddlers.
Iran’s morality police are cracking down on the sale of Barbie dolls to protect the public from what they see as pernicious western culture eroding Islamic values, shopkeepers said on Monday.Iran’s religious rulers first declared Barbie, made by U.S. company Mattel Inc, un-Islamic in 1996, citing its “destructive cultural and social consequences.” Despite the ban, the doll has until recently been openly on sale in Tehran shops.Read more at this link.
- Iran cracks down on Barbie dolls, will sell toys of captured U.S. RQ-170 Sentinel drone | News | National Post (news.nationalpost.com)
- Iran cracks down on Barbie, plans to sell model toys of captured U.S. drone (endtimestoday.com)
- Iran’s morality police crack down on Barbie – World Watch – CBS News (cbsnews.com)
- No veiled threat: ‘Destructive’ Barbie off Iranian shelves (rt.com)
- Will Barbie go bold and bald? (thehindu.com)
Trackback from your site.