A group of Oakland anti-Wall Street protesters who blame large banks for the economic downturn have decided that one of those institutions is the best place to stash their money for now. Protesters at an Occupy Oakland meeting Monday voted to deposit a $20,000 donation into a Wells Fargo account. The move comes just days after one of Wells Fargo’s branches was vandalized during a massive downtown demonstration.Read more at this link.
Posts Tagged ‘OWS’
Ed Morrissey @ HotAir.com makes a good point.
The lesson in this story, besides that irony is often delicious? Redistributionism always looks better when you don’t own anything yourself (via JWF):Read more at this link.Occupy Wall Street protesters said yesterday that packs of brazen crooks within their ranks have been robbing their fellow demonstrators blind, making off with pricey cameras, phones and laptops — and even a hefty bundle of donated cash and food. “Stealing is our biggest problem at the moment,” said Nan Terrie, 18, a kitchen and legal-team volunteer from Fort Lauderdale. “I had my Mac stolen — that was like $5,500. Every night, something else is gone. Last night, our entire [kitchen] budget for the day was stolen, so the first thing I had to do was . . . get the message out to our supporters that we needed food!” Crafty cat burglars sneaked into the makeshift kitchen at Zuccotti Park overnight and swiped as much as $2,500 in donated greenbacks from right under the noses of volunteers who’d fallen asleep after a long day whipping up meals for the hundreds of hungry protesters, the volunteers said. Who’d have thought that a crowd of people demanding the seizure of wealth from banks, corporations, and the wealthy might also have a few thieves? I’m shocked, shocked to find theft occurring in a group that has hijacked private property it refuses to leave. I can’t imagine that a crowd that demands free higher education and the forgiveness of tens of thousands in student debt would also think of someone’s Mac or an iPhone as equally as communal as a college education.
- Occupy Wall Street miscreants stunned to find thieves in their midst (crushliberalism.com)
- What A Shock! Far Left #OWS Goons Say Stealing Is Biggest Problem (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- 99% of Americans can afford $5500 Mac computers? 18 year old #Occupy kids can (erickbrockway.com)
- Hilarious: Private-Property-Seizure-Enthusiasts Find Out It Kind of Sucks Having One’s Private Property Seized (minx.cc)
- #OWS Becomes A Den Of Thieves (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- What the War on Inequality Looks Like: (brothersjuddblog.com)
- Bloomberg to Occupy Wall Street protesters: Feel free to stay forever; Update: NYT wants to hear from OWS supporters (hotair.com)
- ‘Occupy’ Protesters and Obama Hit by ‘Redistribution of Wealth’ (sfcmac.wordpress.com)
- Blast From Paul Krugman’s Past: “Social Security Is A Ponzi Scheme And Will Soon Be Over” (zerohedge.com)
Saturday was to be a nationwide turnout for the Occupy Wall Street movement, with large protests across the land. From media coverage which portrays the movement as growing, one would have expected a large turnout, at least as large as the April 15, 2009 Tax Day Tea Parties. … The Occupy Wall Street movement momentum is a media creation. As Walter Shapiro wrote a few days ago, the reality of relatively small crowds does not justify the “whole world is watching” coverage. Yes even small crowds can generate the impression of momentum, particularly when the President of the United States finds it convenient to use them for his own political purposes.Read more at this link.
- Tea partyers scoff at ‘Occupy’ comparisons (novus2.com)
- Is Occupy Wall Street a Constituent Moment, And Not A Movement? (underpaidgenius.com)
- Occupy Wall Street Likes Capitalism – Sort Of (bilerico.com)
I am so shocked … aren’t you?
Emails released by Andrew Breitbart’s Big Government show that the liberal media and far left cranks conspired with Occupy Wall Street protesters to craft a message while at the same time reporting on the story. Dana Loesch at Big Journalism reported:Read more at this link.Big Journalism has learned that the Occupy Washington DC movement is working with well-known media members to craft its demands and messaging while these media members report on the movement. Someone has made the emails from the Occupy D.C. email distro public and searchable. The names in the list are a veritable who’s who in media. Journolist 2.0 includes well known names such as MSNBC’s Dylan Ratigan, Rolling Stone’s Matt Tiabbi who both are actively participating; involvement from other listers such as Bill Moyers and Glenn Greenwald plus well-known radicals like Noam Chomsky, remains unclear. The list also includes a number of Occupy organizers, such as one of the Occupy Wall Street main organizers Kevin Zeese.
- Message mocked: US media ridicule OWS (rt.com)
- Update: Destabilizing Government is The Occu-Pests’ Goal (markamerica.com)
- Computer Expert Leaks Thousands of Protester Emails (newser.com)
- Friday Free-For-All: #OWS Hidden Agenda Exposed (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Occupy Wall Street #OWS: the American Dream 2.0 (revolutionwithoutborder.org)
- Second Occupy Movement News Update of the Day (thedailywh.at)
- Tea partiers defend turf from Occupiers (politico.com)
- NO LOVE FOR THE OCCUPY MOVEMENT OR THE PRESS THAT COVERS (FOR) THEM: The mainstream media’s camer… (pajamasmedia.com)
It is this hopelessly corrupt form of corporate cronyism, abetted by government that OWS should be clamoring to dismantle, not capitalism. And their rightful targets are mostly democrats reigning in the Capitol Building and in the White House, not the Wall Street bankers residing in upper eastside Manhattan townhouses. Once they succeed is relegating crony capitalism to the dustbin of history, accomplished only after severely diminishing both the size of government and its legitimate scope of action, can a disinfected occupier be free at last to pursue his creative aspirations. Their only limitations should be their ambition and intelligence, not the government connection of their would-be employers. Undoubtedly, it would help the OWS cause immensely, if their members showered, deloused, and seriously began to hunt for a job, which will be much easier to accomplish if they acquire some kind of marketable skill. Drum beating and bizarre chanting just won’t do.Read more at this link.
- What is “Crony Capitalism”? (greenmountainscribes.wordpress.com)
- Crovitz: Occupy Wall Street’s Crony Capitalism (online.wsj.com)
- Obama’s Crony Capitalism Posing A Threat To National Security? (virginiavirtucon.wordpress.com)
- Listen Up OWS! (trommetter.com)
- The value of inefficiency (almanac2010.wordpress.com)
- The Misbegotten Right And Left Populist Approaches To “Crony Capitalism” On Wall Street (themoderatevoice.com)
- Charles Krauthammer On Solyndra: A “Toxic Combintion Of Lenin Socialism and Crony Capitalism” (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- It’s time the PM tackled ‘crony capitalism’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- The New Republic Slams Occupy Wall Street as “anti-capitalist” (reason.com)
- Solyndra: Timeline of a Taxpayer Ripoff (dakotavoice.com)